Monday, November 2, 2015

NaNo Notes: Day 1

 
Picture
If you haven't heard of NaNoWriMo, it stands for National Novel Writing Month. It takes place in November, when hundreds of thousands of authors set a goal to write a complete novel in a month.

For this year's NaNo, I'm working on my next North Korea suspense novel, and I'll be checking in here every few days to let you know how it's going.

Physically: Eyes sore. Wrists holding up well from typing, voice holding up well from dictating.

Story Line: Great. I really like this character. He's very fun to write.

Spiritually: Yikes, I was not prepared for how intense one particular scene was going to be. Had to call in a few prayer warriors to get me covered, and now I'm feeling good and ready to attack tomorrow for day 2.

Family: Husband's already joking about being a NaNoWidower, but we actually had a good hour after he got home from youth group just to chat, so I guess it's going just fine.

Teaser: "I would have never guessed a bowl of cursed noodles could cause so much trouble, but the more I think about it, the more I figure none of this would have happened if I’d kept my hands to myself."

Blooper of the Day: "If you’d had a dream like that when you’re hungry and a little baby’s trying to steal your food and then it’s turning into a pig and biting your leg so hard, you’d be a holler into" (you'd be hollering, too)

Ready for more? Want to watch me write a novel in a month? Get chapters as soon as they're written, give feedback, help shape the story, or just sit back and read the story while it unfolds. Details at http://eepurl.com/bEw8Kj

No comments:

Post a Comment